Saturday, July 12, 2008

Accesso-rings

It's been so long ever since I've posted. Due to the extremely hectic days I've had, I haven't gotten a chance to sit down properly! Posts will most probably resume at a two-days-a-post pace I hope.

Anyway, I have never given
accessories much thought, partly due to the fact that the weather here is too unbearable for me to wear necklaces and bracelets since when I'm out, I tend to sweat so excessively I really do better free of those additional adornments. However, a recent peruse of Etsy has left me yearning for some, in the form of rings rather than their larger counterparts.











I generally prefer rings with a single focus, but the focal point has to be eye-catching and make a statement. This coral-coloured flower ring above is one of my favourites.
(From lulucoco)
















This ruby ring with gold twists of wire and faceted surface has a very lovely feel to it. I love rich colours and this ring will be perfect with almost any outfit.
(From cynthiasheridan)






















Rings composed of different mediums also tickle my fancy. Dark wood and metal look really good in this one...
(From miostudio)





















This is for guys I suppose due to the broad and dramatically clean-cut and bold presentation. But it really appeals to me too...
(From noformdesign)








I love this combination of colours and surfaces. Bright turquoise blue with sparkling faceted red and swirly orange...mhmm...
(From phranne)














This bubble lace ring makes for a simple yet lovely adornment... It's rather large in surface area yet not chunky... I can imagine an outfit based on this ring!
(From ColleenBaran)



















Here's where art and fashion meet, with a very lovely result too. This ring is made of hand-pleated silk and silver wire. What's better than having a pleated doily on your finger?
(From tinctory)










I always save the best for the last... Wouldn't that make the end even sweeter? Here's Wendy Brandes' magnum opus. The skull carved from black onyx and it's surounded by pave tsavorites with diamonds set on the inside of the ring. A kick-ass ring by a kick-ass lady (check out her blog). I want it for my wedding!
















Here's a ring I recently purchased for S$20. The large adornment is faceted onxy with three tiny diamantes each on one side. It is surprisingly versatile and adds that extra weight or oomph when needed.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Thanks for the love! Any woman who would pick my skull ring for her wedding is my kind of lady!

noform design said...

actually, a woman bought it.

thanks!

s.i. michaels said...

Oh my gosh, these are *all* so cool. Love the wood & metal & fabric ones especially.

raquel said...

wendyb: this may sound obsessive, but those pictures of your skull ring have been on my inspiration boards ever since you put them up on your blog... if only that ring will still in production 10 years from now...

noform_design: oh! that's really cool (:

ambika: those designers are really incredible aren't they! my credit card is in a very precarious state now...

MarbellaStyle said...

Love the Skull ring!

MarbellaStyle said...

Love the skull ring! Besos from spain!

www.themarbellastyle.com